Listen to the show:
In this episode, we share the lessons that have been game-changers and helped us on the road to Financial Independence and building better lives. (if you prefer, download the mp3 file here)
- The wealth illusion, debt and ‘misleading millionaires’
- What really causes lottery winners to end up broke
- Why spending and happiness don’t always line up how we expect
- Personal stories from our early days learning about money and investing
- How each of these lessons form the foundation of a wealthy life
- Pat’s rant on irrational homebuyers!
- The unmatched power of saving
- Wrapping our heads around compound interest
- How people are controlled by money, rather than the other way round
- Why your spending dictates your level of freedom
See highlights from this episode here in our specially curated playlist for YouTube.
- Book: The Millionaire Next Door, by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
- Compound Interest Calculator: MoneySmart
- Early Retirement Calculator: Networthify
- Article: The Wealth Illusion
- Article: Money Lessons That Changed My Life
- Article: Compound Interest – Your New Best Friend
Join my mailing list below to get future episodes straight to your inbox!