In our first episode of 2021, we discuss the mindset and thought process inside the FIRE movement. Let’s be honest, the FIRE movement has turned into somewhat of a cult! But it’s a positive, empowering and help-each-other-prosper kind of cult.
Our philosophy, values, and beliefs are often very different from the rest of society. In this show, Pat and I share our thoughts on how exactly we’re able to achieve results that other people find hard to believe.
Listen to the episode…
(you can also download the mp3 file here)
- We think differently from ‘normal’ people (04:31)
- We see money as a game to win (11:20)
- Time is our most valuable resource (13:49)
- A high payback job is better than a high paying job (16:10)
- Material goods and status are empty goals (19:42)
- A happy life doesn’t actually cost much at all (25:26)
- We believe saving is what really creates wealth (28:49)
- We must take 100% responsibility for our own situation (32:11)
- There is no substitute for taking action (34:52)
- Our individual choices do make a difference (36:35)
Resources and stuff mentioned…
- Our favourite portfolio tool: Sharesight
- Related article: Your Locus of Control
- Related article: The Disease of More
- Book mentioned: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
Listen in your favourite podcast app…
Join my mailing list to get notified of future episodes in your inbox…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
We’ve covered a wide range of topics so far. Check out the complete list of episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page. You can also reach out to us with feedback and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…
Note – If you choose to purchase with Sharesight or Amazon, this blog may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only ever recommend things I use myself or genuinely believe in.