Listen to the show:
(or if you prefer, download the mp3 file here)
In this podcast, we take a deep dive into the two major asset classes that people turn to for long term returns: property and shares.
These investments are best suited to deliver the income and growth we need to sustain our Financial Independence.
- Dave’s article where he considers selling shares to purchase a home (0:25)
- The main benefits of investing in the sharemarket (13:11)
- The downsides of investing in shares (19:08)
- The main benefits of property investing (26:56)
- The negatives of investing in property… Dave has a rant! (37:25)
- What we choose to invest in and why (51:02)
- We summarise our most critical lessons from each asset class (56:50)
- Listener question: How did Pat become good with money? (1:04:39)
- Listener question: Many people who retire early start out in property and then move to shares… why is that? (1:08:53)
Resources and stuff mentioned:
- Why We Might Sell Our Entire Share Portfolio…
- Our Adventures in Leveraged Property
- An Open Letter to Property Investors & Sharemarket Newbies
- Long Term Investing & Shrugging Off Sharemarket Falls
Listen in your favourite podcast app:
Or join my mailing list below to get notified of future episodes in your inbox:
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…