Listen to the show:
(download the mp3 file here)
In this episode, we dive deep into how spending, happiness and FIRE are all inter-related (and not in the way you might think).
When we understand the connection between these three things, lifestyle changes are easier, saving becomes effortless, and the path to financial independence will not feel like a sacrifice.
During the show, we discuss:
- How and why we spend money and does it make us happier? (01:58)
- Maslow’s Heirarchy of needs and how it affects us (05:21)
- What makes humans happy vs unhappy? (13:06)
- How much do good relationships cost (we talk about kids again!) (15:08)
- Does Financial Independence really help us live a better life? (18:19)
- The hedonic treadmill and our ability to adapt to new circumstances (19:51)
- Tying it all together – where does FIRE come in? (26:23)
- The FIRE Philosophy – What the FIRE Crowd Gets That Everyone Else Misses
- When Novelty is the New Normal
- If the FIRE Journey Makes You Miserable, You’re Doing It Wrong
- Maslow’s Heirarchy of Needs
Listen in your favourite podcast app:
Or join my mailing list below and get notified of future episodes in your inbox:
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…