Listen to the show:
(or download the mp3 file here)
In today’s episode, we’re talking about the relationship between time and money. Understanding the many ways in which these two things are related is key for building a strong financial future and a satisfying life.
Framing our time and money in different ways shows us the trade-offs more clearly and helps us make better financial decisions.
- Figuring out how much things really cost (01:53)
- The time value of big ticket items (05:10)
- Working longer hours to cover higher spending (11:26)
- Putting a greater value on our time (12:36)
- Is being able to afford something better than actually buying it? (15:50)
- Time and money are interchangeable… literally (18:13)
- Listener question: Thoughts on Vanguard’s new Personal Investor option (22:48)
Stuff mentioned and further reading:
- How to Make Better Financial Decisions: My 4-Part Framework
- It’s All About the Increments Baby!
- FIRE Philosophy – What the FIRE Crowd Gets That Everyone Else Misses
Listen in your favourite podcast app:
Or join my mailing list to get notified of future episodes in your inbox…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…