In this episode…
Why we need to tune out the financial noise in our lives. We explain how it creates FOMO and distracts us from our current plans.
Most importantly, we share practical advice for staying focused on your Financial Independence goals in a noisy world. Because true wealth includes following your own path and thinking for yourself.
Listen to the show…
(you can also download the mp3 file here)
- Intro and the wealth effect (01:16)
- The GameStop saga (05:42)
- Rampant speculation (11:22)
- The grumpy old men of Aussie FIRE (17:13)
- Why the noise about companies doesn’t matter (21:41)
- Long term investing and your personal goals (26:30)
- Focus on what you can control (28:00)
- Is the market rigged? (31:13)
- How to get the best long term result (32:49)
- Our favourite portfolio tool: Sharesight
- Article: Long Term Investing
- Podcast: The #1 Factor for Financial Independence – Your Savings Rate
Join my mailing list to get notified of future episodes in your inbox…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out our other episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page. You can also reach out to us with feedback and questions at email@example.com
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…