The upcoming podcast that I mentioned a few weeks ago is now live!
To celebrate, we’ve launched with 3 episodes which you can listen to below and get stuck in straight away!
For those unaware, here’s a summary of what it’s all about:
FIRE & Chill is a podcast where I get together with Pat from Life Long Shuffle to discuss all things relating to Financial Independence and Retiring Early (FIRE) in Australia. We cover everything from saving, spending, investments and living a great life.
Our goal, like with our blogs, is to help fellow Aussies create more freedom in their lives. We do that by sharing what we’ve learned, drawing from our experience and research into the most effective ways to build a strong financial base and enjoy a happy early retirement.
Listen: Welcome to FI/RE & Chill!
In our very first episode, we discuss:
- The idea behind our show, and who it’s for.
- How Pat and I met, and our individual journey’s up to today.
- Why we decided to start a podcast, and why it’s worth listening to
- What you can expect from us going forward.
Listen: Why Bother with FIRE?
Pat and I really wanted to get to the heart of things here. Reaching Financial Independence isn’t easy. So is it worth it? We certainly think so!
- Why your reasons for wanting Financial Independence is more important than strategy
- Pat and Dave share their own personal reasons for pursuing FIRE
- How your motivation fuels action and how your goal gives you light at the end of the tunnel
- The incredible benefits of getting more freedom in your life
- Pat shares his future plans and how he’ll spend early retirement
- Dave explains what it’s like to be retired at such a young age.
- And much more!
- Go Curry Cracker
- Mr Money Mustache
- Pat’s Blog
- Finding Your Motivation for Financial Independence
- Dave’s FIRE Journey
Listen: Our Biggest Lessons on Personal Finance & Building Wealth
In this episode, we share the lessons that have been game-changers and helped us on the road to Financial Independence and building better lives.
- The wealth illusion, debt and ‘misleading millionaires’
- What really causes lottery winners to end up broke
- Why spending and happiness don’t always line up how we expect
- Personal stories from our early days learning about money and investing
- How each of these lessons form the foundation of a wealthy life
- Pat’s rant on irrational home buyers!
- The unmatched power of saving
- Wrapping our heads around compound interest
- How people are controlled by money, rather than the other way round
- Why your spending dictates your level of freedom
- Book: The Millionaire Next Door, by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
- Compound Interest Calculator: MoneySmart
- Early Retirement Calculator: Networthify
- Article: The Wealth Illusion
- Article: Money Lessons That Changed My Life
- Article: Compound Interest – Your New Best Friend
Or you can join my mailing list below to receive future episodes straight to your inbox!
If you enjoyed the show, please share it with a friend or leave us a review in Apple Podcasts. This helps other people find the show and helps us spread the FIRE message! 🙂
We’ll also be uploading highlights from each episode to our YouTube channel on a regular basis, so keep an eye out for those.
If you have topic suggestions, feedback or would like a question answered on the show, feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you like the podcast. Pat and I are still finding our feet (or is it voice?) as this stuff is all new to us, but I’m sure we’ll keep improving as time goes on. Thanks for listening!