In this episode…
A special show today, as we discuss Pat’s recent home purchase. I grill him for the details and ask all the important questions – like why, where, how much he paid, and whether this affects his financial independence plans?
Listen to the show…
(you can also download the mp3 file here)
- A quick run-down of what’s happening (01:55)
- Why Pat decided to buy, and what he was looking for in a property (05:17)
- Price bracket and first homebuyer benefits (07:25)
- Current and future plans (09:03)
- How does this affect Pat’s financial independence plans? (10:24)
- Interest rates and online lenders (15:12)
- A more in-depth look at fixed vs variable rates (19:33)
- What gets Pat excited about owning a house (26:04)
- Storing cash in an offset account (30:27)
- Pat’s thoughts and reflections on the home buying experience (32:36)
- Our favourite portfolio tool: Sharesight
- Pat’s online lender: Tic Toc Home Loans
- Article: How Do House Prices Affect Financial Independence?
- Podcast: How to Deal with the Cost of Housing in Australia
Join my mailing list below to get new episodes and content in your inbox…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
If you enjoyed this episode, we’d love it if you could leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
You can listen to other episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page. Or reach out to us with feedback and questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…