In this episode…
We explore the idea of semi-retirement, or semi-FI. This can give you a lot of the benefits of FIRE in a shorter amount of time.
We think semi-FI is a hugely underappreciated approach. Here, we discuss the benefits of semi-retirement and the trade-offs to help you consider whether it’s right for you.
(you can also download the mp3 file here)
- What is semi-retirement? (03:15)
- Benefits of semi-retirement (08:40)
- Even more benefits of semi-retirement! (22:15)
- How does it work in practice? (26:56)
- Covering the income gap (30:13)
- Alternative FI strategies (35:39)
- Some other thoughts on semi-retirement (39:57)
- Our favourite portfolio tool: Sharesight
- Article: Semi-Retirement – Your Shortcut to Freedom
- Podcast: How Much Do You Need to Retire Early?
- Article: Can You Achieve Financial Independence on a Low Income?
You can also join my mailing list to get future episodes and content in your inbox…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out other episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page. Or reach out to us with questions and feedback at: email@example.com
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…